They say if you can’t pronounce it, then you shouldn’t eat it.
That was before we discovered “Quinoa”
Quinoa is deemed a”super food”
It is high in protein & gluten free
Here are my personal top 5 ways on how to prepare it.
1. In place of all Rice – whenever you have a dish call for rice, replace it with quinoa. It will instantly make the dish healthier.
2. Breakfast quinoa -
Photo Credit about recipes
For full recipe click HERE
3. Use cooked quinoa in place of breadcrumbs.
I modified the below recipe from No Meat Athlete.
- 3/4 cup dry quinoa, or about 2 cups cooked
- 1/2 cup dates, pitted
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Shakeology
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup stir-ins like dry fruit, nuts, shredded coconut, or vegan chocolate chips. (I went for half chocolate chips and half coconut)
5. Enjoy it all on it’s own :)
No comments yet