Make Your Own Pasta Sauce
If you make your own pasta sauce, it is not only healthier – it may also save you money. And the good thing is, most of these ingredients are either staples in your refrigerator, OR they can be easily stored in your pantry. It may not be AS easy as walking down the grocery isle and having hundreds of pasta sauce labels stare at you – but maybe when you see the health benefits, you may change your mind!
What is the first step to make your own pasta sauce?
To first make your own pasta sauce, you need to pick a meal! Here are a couple of ideas from my household!
1. Traditional : Whole wheat pasta with sauce. Add a little ground turkey for some added protein!
2. For my kids, I either make or buy a natural pizza dough and use the sauce for the base.
3. Spaghetti squash with pasta sauce.
4. Chicken Parmesan with pasta sauce.
5. Zoodles with pasta sauce.
Now that you have the first step to make your own pasta sauce – what is the recipe?
Make your own pasta sauce ingredients
1 can of diced tomatoes
1 small can of tomato paste
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons each – oregano, basil, parsley
And finally the simple steps to cook “your own pasta sauce”
I hope you enjoy this pasta sauce!
Hint: make a large batch and freeze it!
No comments yet